Currently the majority of publishing companies fall into two categories: Administration companies who collect royalties and handle paperwork, but who don’t offer creative services or support, and the larger Publishing companies who primarily invest in already established bands. The latter also have large rosters and a mandate to focus on immediate revenue from their marquee artists and, as such, are unable to focus on developing and nurturing talent. Neither is probably ideal for you, we are the best of both worlds. We are a personal, pro-active and creative music company - something every Artist and Writer can feel comfortable with.
401K Music is a full service independent Music Publishing company with a heavy and continued emphasis on Artist Development, we invest in our Writers and Artists in the right way, the way to build them a career, we fund recordings, press and promotion. 401K Music not only creates and collects publishing revenues for our writers but guides and counsels artists by both offering strong management support to their existing personal managers and creating worldwide career building opportunities and introductions.
VERONICA GRETTON – Working in London, Los Angeles and New York over the past twenty years with The Cure, Talking Heads, The Stone Roses, The Ramones, Tori Amos, Live, Black Grape, Ambulance Ltd, Tom Tom Club, The Pogues, The God Machine and Mick Jones of The Clash, she has accumulated an outstanding knowledge of all areas of the business not only relating to Publishing and Management, but Recording, A&R, Artist Development, Branding, Synchronization & Licensing, International, Touring and Artist Management.
During her time spent working at Record Labels and Publishing companies such as Fiction, East West, Stiff, ZTT, Silvertone, Zomba and Radioactive, she has built incredible personal relationships within all facets of the worldwide music business.
Wanting to continue to best serve her current clients Talking Heads, The B52's, The Thompson Twins, Drug Cabin, Ambulance Ltd, Bear Hands, Mick Jones, M.E. Martone, The High Fidelity, Johnny Boy, and to work with new talent, she set up 401K Music Publishing as a full service independent Music Publisher with a heavy and continued emphasis on Artist Development and Music placement within TV, Films, Ads and Video Games. It not only creates and collects publishing revenues for their clients, but uniquely guides and counsels Artists by offering strong Management support to their existing personal Managers.
Songwriter Services and Management Support
- Development – Making the connections between new and upcoming artists and a team that can propel them to both financial and artistic success. We can introduce them to worldwide booking agents, record labels, publishing companies, PR companies, marketing and promotion companies, business managers, lawyers, merchandise companies, record producers and photographers. We know how to find professional contacts that are experienced, dedicated and honest.
- Copyright Administration – Efficiently registering songs with Performing Rights Organizations and the Copyright Office, tracking/collecting royalties and paying Songwriters in a timely, transparent and accurate manner. Additionally assisting in any legal claims arising from 3rd party infringement or negligence. Alternately we can offer just an Administration service for Writers.
- Recordings and Record Releases – a Song is just an idea until a recording is made of it, we will help you make good quality recordings with great Producers and Mixers and get them released and promoted.
- Licensing – Paying extremely close interest to TV, film and advertising synchronization placement and licensing throughout the world which has begun to supplant record sales as a primary revenue stream. We actively promote you and your music to Music Supervisors, Ad Agencies and the like. Handling all negotiations and back-room logistics, contracts and fees.
- Career Guidance - With careful individual consideration towards career longevity, financial success and security we ensure that each artist’s needs, both creative and monetarily, are met. Strategizing and implementing Artists worldwide careers by formulating, facilitating and co-coordinating release plans with their Manager and their surrounding touring, press and promotional activities.
- Management Support - to their existing Managers or introductions to, and for, a Manager.
FOR LICENSING AND GENERAL ENQUIRIES CONTACT VERONICA GRETTON